The time has come! Sewing the Seventies has arrived! Without further ado, here’s the important information:
What is Sewing the Seventies?
It is a new sewing challenge to make clothing inspired by the fashions of the seventies.
The challenge starts today and you have until 26th March to sew your garment or outfit.
How do I join in with Sewing the Seventies?
You are all invited, no matter where you live.
- Leave a comment on this post if you are interested.
- Write a post about your seventies make in the next two months including at least three pictures of each make.
- The post must have “Sewing The Seventies” in the title
- Add a link back here to the Steely Seamstress site so that others can see what Sewing the Seventies is all about.
- Grab the Sewing the Seventies button. The code on my side bar can be copied and pasted into a Text Widget on WordPress, or you can download the image and use it on your site.
- I will share all your posts on this site towards the end of March.
I’m a slow at sewing, or I have lots of other sewing to do?
I know the feeling! Life just keeps getting in the way of my sewing plans too. That’s why the challenge is open for two months for more sewing time. I’m not in Team Super-Productive either – entering just one garment is fine too!
I don’t have any vintage seventies patterns?
No problem! This challenge is all about the seventies vibe, so using a modern pattern with a seventies look or a seventies-inspired fabric is great too.
In fact, I’m planning to write a few “inspiration” posts in the next month, with lots of suggestions, watch out for those!
Tell me now! What’s the prize?
I think I’m going to keep you all in suspense for a little longer! It will include fabric though – yay! And I am so sad I’m going to be giving it away, because I just want to use it myself!